Jun 21, 2018
The World Bachelor in Business (WBB) Program offers students the opportunity for immersive study at three highly regarded business schools, one in each of the major economic/cultural zones of the world: the Americas, Asia and Europe. The program is designed and offered in cooperation with the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) and Bocconi University. Students spend at least one year at each campus and receive a degree from each university. The program is available to entering freshmen only. Prospective students should consult with the USC Marshall Undergraduate Admissions office for program and admissions information.
Requirements for Completion
To complete the program and receive a degree from each university, students must satisfy the degree requirements of each institution, which include language requirements. The USC degree requirements are those of the USC Marshall Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program, with the exception that WBB students do not need to complete 60 units of non-business course work. Students should consult with the WBB program academic adviser at each university. Specific courses completed at each university are used to fulfill specific requirements at the other universities.
Students should note the following USC degree requirements for the WBB program:
- A minimum of 32 units must be taken in residence at USC. The units applied toward this requirement must be taken for a letter grade and cannot be taken on a P/NP or CR/NC basis.
- In addition to meeting university GPA requirements, a minimum grade of C- must be earned on all upper division course work taken at USC and required for the major.
- A minimum grade of C- for course work completed at HKUST and Bocconi University must be earned for the course credits to transfer to USC.
- USC GPA calculations will be based on course work completed at USC.
WBB students spend the first year taking classes in Los Angeles at USC, the second year taking classes in Hong Kong at HKUST and the third year taking classes in Milan at Bocconi University. In the final year, students choose their location of study in consultation with the program directors. Each year includes at least one cohort class designed specifically for the WBB program.
The following sample program does not represent a required sequence of study; rather, it serves as a guideline. Students will meet with a WBB program academic adviser at each location to ensure that each student's program of study will fulfill WBB program requirements.
Total units: 34
*Students should choose an 'm' designated class for GE VI to fulfill the diversity requirement.
- ECON 2123-Macroeconomics Units: 3
- ECON 2174-Mathematics for Economists Units: 4
- HLTH 1010-Healthy Lifestyle Units: 0
- USC GE III-Scientific Inquiry [HKUST: Science and Technology] Units: 3
- Chinese Communications Units: 3
- Understanding Business in Asia Units: 2
- ACCT 2010-Principles of Accounting I Units: 3
- ISOM 2010-Introduction to Information Systems Units: 3
- ISOM 2500-Business Statistics Units: 3
- ISOM 2700-Operations Management Units: 3
- USC GE II-Global Cultures and Traditions [HKUST: Humanities] Units: 3
- Seminars in Asia's Business Units: 1
- 30006-Financial Markets and Institutions Units: 3
- 30015-Marketing Units: 3
- 30017-Corporate Finance Units: 3
- 30047-Introduction to the Legal System I Units: 3
- 30152-Public Management Units: 3
- 30007-Managerial Accounting Units: 3
- 30048-Introduction to the Legal System II Units: 3
- 30056-European Economic Policy Units: 3
- USC GE I-Western Cultures and Traditions [Bocconi Economic History requirement] Units: 3
- Doing Business in Europe Units: 1
- Language 2 Units: 3
Year Four, Option One - USC
Year Four, Option Two - HKUST
- MGMT 4110-Business Ethics and Policy Units: 4
- MGMT 4210-Corporate Strategy Units: 4
- Best Practices in Corporate Communication Units: 3
- Free electives Units: 6
- ACCT 3610-Functions of Law in Society and Business Units: 3
- Capstone project Units: 4
- Free electives Units: 8
Year Four, Option Three - Bocconi
- 30012-Business Strategy Units: 4
- 30223-Marketing Communication Units: 3
- Free electives Units: 9
- 30058-Comparative Business and European Law Units: 4
- 30216-Social Responsibility in Business, Government and Non-Profit Units: 3
- Final report Units: 2
- Free electives Units: 7