Viterbi School of Engineering
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Educational Program Objectives
The undergraduate programs in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering endeavor to prepare students to achieve the following objectives:
- Graduates will be professionals working in engineering or in related areas such as computer science, business, law, medicine or public service, at both large- and small-scale businesses.
- Graduates will engage in lifelong learning, such as continuing their education through graduate school or professional development courses.
- Graduates will make use of modern and cutting-edge tools, such as advanced computer software and state-of-the-art laboratory equipment.
- Graduates will be both competent technical innovators and industrial leaders.
- Graduates will incorporate societal, ethical and environmental considerations into technical decisions.
- Graduates will effectively communicate and work with persons and teams of diverse technical and non-technical backgrounds.