Return to: Graduate and Professional Education
Center for Excellence in Teaching
Grace Ford Salvatori, Suite 227
FAX: (213) 821-2474
Director: Ginger Clark, PhD
The Center for Excellence in Teaching (CET) promotes a vibrant culture of teaching and learning for the university community, for schools, and for faculty by:
1. Supporting USC’s Strategic Plan through pedagogical training and resources that assist the USC community in developing course design and teaching practices that are:
2. Using train-the-trainer models of faculty development that support faculty in building a culture of teaching and learning within their own schools
3. Providing resources and training for developing, evaluating, and rewarding teaching excellence
4. Offering training opportunities that are customized to each discipline’s unique teaching needs
5. Collaborating with academic and service units to
- Raise awareness of the impact of university policies and decision-making on teaching.
- Provide a perspective on how current events and topics can affect teaching and learning.
- Foster a collaborative environment where the university community can leverage existing resources to achieve shared goals.
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Grace Ford Salvatori, Suite 211
3601 Watt Way
Los Angeles, CA 90089-4019
Elizabeth Graddy, Executive Vice Provost
Robin Romans, Associate Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Anthony Carlos, Senior Manager for Postdoctoral Affairs
A key component of USC’s research engine is its postdoctoral community and workforce. Thus, building a vibrant postdoctoral scholars program is an essential part of the Provost’s efforts to expand sponsored research. From the time they arrive at USC through the end of their postdoctoral appointment, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs provides support, resources and a suite of Provost Signature Programs that propel these scholars toward careers as independent researchers, academics and leaders of their chosen fields.
Supporting our postdoctoral scholars also provides an important opportunity to enhance diversity across the academy. And as we grow our community, we continue our mission and commitment to 1) promote and support the fair and equitable treatment of postdocs through the course of their career development and advanced training, 2) enhance their postdoctoral experience, and 3) cultivate a sense of community across USC.
For more information, visit the website at postdocs.usc.edu.