Oct 06, 2022
The Master of Laws (LLM) in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) degree, is designed to prepare high caliber U.S. and foreign law graduates who are interested in the specialized and advanced knowledge in ADR. The program resides within the new Judge Judith O. Hollinger Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. The Hollinger ADR Program’s mission is to design, develop, and implement a world class educational program in dispute resolution that will rival and ultimately surpass the quality of similar programs offered by other institutions of higher education. The goal is to have USC Gould emerge as a preeminent leader in dispute resolution and ADR education.
Core Curriculum Requirements
Students must complete the following courses to earn the LLM degree in ADR Law.
International Student Core Requirements
Students who have earned a law degree outside of the United States must also complete the following course to earn the LLM degree in ADR Law.
Students may select among the following electives to complete the 24 units required for the LLM in ADR Law degree. Students may also enroll in other graduate level Law courses by advisement to satisfy the elective requirements.
- LAW 572 Practical Mediation Skills Clinic Units: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- LAW 626 International Investment Law and Arbitration Units: 1, 2
- LAW 670 Advanced Moot Court Oral Arguments Units: 1, 2, 3
- LAW 680 Mediation Theory and Practice Units: 2, 3
- LAW 712 Negotiation Theory and Application Units: 2, 3
- LAW 781 Externship I Units: 2, 4, 10, 12
- LAW 813 Arbitration in the United States Units: 3
- LAW 817 International Arbitration Units: 3
- LAW 822 Alternative Dispute Resolution Clause Drafting Units: 1
- LAW 824 Arbitration Advocacy Units: 1, 2
- LAW 826 Employment Dispute Mediation Units: 1, 2
- LAW 828 Mediation Advocacy Units: 3
- LAW 829 Cross-Cultural Dispute Resolution Units: 2
- LAW 832 Special Education Dispute Resolution Units: 2
- LAW 853 Divorce and Family Mediation Units: 2
- LAW 863 International Negotiations and Mediation Units: 2, 3, 4
- LAW 868 Organizational Ombuds Units: 2
- LAW 869 Family Law Mediation Clinic Units: 2, 4