Oct 04, 2023
The minor in Legal Studies enables students to deepen their understanding of the U.S. legal system and provides them with the fundamentals of law. It combines courses in law, economics, history, philosophy, political science and public policy taught at the Gould School of Law, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, and the Sol Price School of Public Policy.
The minor in Legal Studies totals 22 units, consisting of 6 required units, and 16 elective units, as detailed below.
Choose from the following courses to satisfy the remaining 16-unit requirements for the minor.
- ECON 434 Economic Analysis of Law Units: 4
- HIST 386 American Legal History Units: 4
- LAW 101w Law and the U.S. Constitution in Global History Units: 4
- LAW 200w Law and Society Units: 4
- LAW 201 Law and Politics Units: 4
- LAW 202 Wrongful Convictions Units: 4
- LAW 205 Introduction to Criminal Law Units: 4
- LAW 207 Personal Data in the 21st Century Units: 4
- LAW 250w Children and the Law Units: 4
- LAW 275p Equal by Law: The History of Civil Rights Law in the United States Units: 4
- LAW 300 Concepts in American Law Units: 4
- LAW 310w Global Justice for Mass Atrocities and Genocide Units: 4
- LAW 320p Law, Slavery, and Race Units: 4
- LAW 324 Sports Law Units: 4
- LAW 350 Law and Entrepreneurship Units: 4
- LAW 352 Introduction to Law and Economics Units: 4
- LAW 402 Psychology and Law Units: 4
- LAW 403 Mental Health Law Units: 4
- LAW 404 Psychology of the Criminal Justice Process Units: 4
- LAW 406 Individual Rights in U.S. Constitutional Law Units: 4
- LAW 490x Directed Research Units: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- LAW 492 Undergraduate Law Review Units: 1, 2, 3, 4
- LAW 498 Law Internship Units: 1, 2, 3, 4
- PHIL 430 Philosophy of Law Units: 4
- PHIL 431 Law, Society, and Politics Units: 4
- POSC 345 International Law Units: 4
- PPD 314 Public Policy and Law Units: 4
Finance, Business and Economics Option
A maximum of 4 units from the following FBE courses may be applied toward the minor in Legal Studies.