The Bachelor of Arts in Biopharmaceutical Sciences (BPS) provides a well-deﬁned pathway for science and non-science majors to gain signiﬁcant knowledge in pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, toxicology and medical product development, regulation, marketing and use.
The Bachelor of Arts in Biopharmaceutical Sciences (BPS) is a cooperative degree program involving the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and the USC School of Pharmacy. Students complete 128 units, including at least 70 units of course work in USC Dornsife and at least 36 units of course work in USC School of Pharmacy.
The Bachelor of Arts in Biopharmaceutical Sciences offers a unique interdisciplinary approach designed to provide in-depth training in the discovery, development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products and their role in health care industries. Courses focus on sub disciplines of pharmaceutical sciences including the study of the chemical and physical properties of drugs and their biological effects, and will link these systems to the discovery, development and commercialization of pharmaceuticals for the advancement of human health. Courses will also focus on the business and marketing aspects of the pharmaceutical industry.
The Bachelor of Arts in Biopharmaceutical Sciences will be a springboard to diverse careers in industrial, academic or other research environments within the areas of drug discovery, development and commercialization. It will prepare students for professional or graduate studies in graduate education in pharmaceutical, medical and basic sciences and post-baccalaureate professional education in biomedical engineering, business, finance and law.
The Bachelor of Arts in Biopharmaceutical Sciences requires the completion of a minimum of 128 units that include:
- General Education, Foreign Language and Writing Requirements
- Foundational courses designed to prepare students for the major
- An introductory 4-unit lower-division (200 level) course in Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Science (RXRS)
- A minimum number of 32 units of upper-division (300 level and above) courses in Biopharmaceutical Sciences (BPSI) and Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Science (RXRS)
- A minimum of 8 units of upper-division (300 level and above) courses in Biological Sciences (BISC) unique to the major
The Bachelor of Arts in Biopharmaceutical Sciences is conferred by USC Dornsife.
You must be logged in to post a comment.